when lindsey met reality

a somewhat young girl who takes each day as it comes while leaning on God, her massive make-up collection and romantic comedies...

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Lion King


This past Friday night my handsome boyfriend, Jeremy, took me to see The Lion King for our six month anniversary...and let me just say, AMAZING. We started out with dinner at Mirror on 12th Ave. The food was incredible and the ambiance was lovely :) We were a bit rushed, but managed to enjoy a very tasty meal!

Now, on to the Lion King... I have seen many broadway musicals, but I would have to say if I was giving out a Tony, my award in creativity would definitely go to The Lion King. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to create costumes of animals, while still showing the actors faces and staying away from the cheesey animal costumes...BUT, they did it. And the music...ahhh, the music...it really made you feel like you were in Africa staring out into the safari while being soothed by voices in perfect harmony. I was so pleased that Jeremy loved it as well. This was his first experience with a broadway musical :)If you don't have tickets, I would highly recommend buying them and going to see this captivating performance! It is running through the month of November.

If this was my six month anniversary present, I can't wait to see what my year one will be! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger TAB said...

I would love to see this, it sounds awesome. Glad you had a great time!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home